I wanted a new dress for spring and I had the PERFECT fabric for it :) a skull and roses print on a baby blue background cotton interlock knit. I saw this fabric used on another blog for a top and fell in love! I just HAD to have 3 yards from Girl Charlie Fabrics (http://www.girlcharlee.com) I don't see it on the website anymore so they may have sold it out. But, they have many other very cool knit prints.
The pattern is one that I like very much. It fits great and easy to make changes in style as well.
This time I used View B sleeve length, the shorter length (on my previous 2 makes I used a midi length) and I widened the skirt for a fuller silhouette.
Make # 1 http://10sewingmachines.blogspot.com/2013/11/completed-simplicity-1653.html
Make # 2 I never did a full review, guess I was busy during the past winter holidays!! So here is a picture.
Dress make #1 on the right in purple and dress make #2 on the left in black white and red.
For the skirt I widened the bottom hem 5 inches on the front and back at both side seams, effectively adding 20 inches to the bottom width and tapered to nothing at the waist area. I LOVE the look it gives this dress at the shorter length!!
As far as pattern matching goes... I couldn't do any at all :( I only had just enough fabric at 3 yards to make the dress with less than quarter yard and little scraps left. Luckily, I don't think the non-pattern matching is not such a big deal with this print. It is nice since it is more of a random all over print placement.
I think I will need to retire this pattern for a little while and try some of my new ones :) although, I love having a great TNT pattern in my pattern stash to reach for when I need a quick successful make.
I have one more finished garment to blog about. Next up on my work table is some work appropriate clothes.... Specifically moving back to pants again!